CMO at newMentor
Clinical Instructor of Emergency Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Dr. Klasco’s consulting specialty areas include electronic clinical decision support, electronic medical records, CPOE, and patient safety. Dr. Klasco is the chief medical officer for newMentor, a business-to-business company supporting the largest EMR and publishing companies in the U.S.. He has also served in this capacity for Thomson Reuters’ healthcare companies, including the PDR, Micromedex, Medstat, and Solucient. Dr. Klasco is a former member of the Pew Prescription Project and was an appointee of Colorado Governor Bill Owens to the Colorado Poison Control Oversight Board. He is a graduate of Harvard Medical School and trained in internal medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and in emergency medicine at Denver General Hospital.
- Klasco R: CPOE: Why don’t we get it? Health Management Technology 2003 August; vol 24, number 8: 52.
- Handler JA, Gillam M, Sanders A, Klasco R: Identifying error in emergency medicine. Academic Emergency Medicine 2000 Nov; 7(11):1183-8.
- Chase M, Klasco RS, Joyce NR, Donnino MW, Wolfe RE, Shapiro NI. Predictors of Bacteremia in Emergency Department Patients with Suspected Infection. American Journal of Emergency Medicine (in press).
- Dr. Klasco is a Clinical Instructor of Emergency Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
- M.D., 1990, Harvard Medical School