Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Dr. Burstein’s consulting specialty areas include emergency medical services effectiveness, quality, and training as well as disaster medicine and planning. He is the EMS Medical Director for Massachusetts. Dr. Burstein completed his residency in emergency medicine at Stony Brook Emergency Department.
- Dr. Burstein is an Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at Harvard Medical School. He is a frequent speaker on the topic of disaster planning and management.
- Burstein J, Fleisher GR. Compliments and Complaints in the Pediatric Emergency Department. Pediatric Emergency Care. 1991;7(3):138-140.
- Richards CF, Burstein JL, Waeckerle JF, Hutson HR. Emergency physicians and biological terrorism. Ann Emerg Med. 1999;34(2):183-90.
- Burstein JL. Smoke and shadows: measuring hospital disaster preparedness. Ann Emerg Med. 2008;52(3):230-1.
- Condon S, Savoia S, Cadigan RO, Getchel M, Burstein JL, Auerbach B, Koh HK. Operation Helping Hands: Massachusetts’ health and medical response to Hurricane Katrina. Prehosp Disaster Med 2010; 25 (1): 80-86.
- M.D., 1992, Harvard Medical School