Attending Physician, Dept. of Emergency Medicine, BIDMC
Director, Graduate Medical Education, BIDMC
Associate Program Director, BIDMC Harvard Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Dr. Tibbles specializes in the implementation of lean practices in the ED and lean team training program development. She completed an emergency medicine residency at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. As the director of clinical innovations, Dr. Tibbles has expertise in the application of lean principles in the emergency department. Lean methodology, based on the Toyota Production System, is a proven process improvement and management strategy focused on cutting costs by improving efficiency, eliminating waste, and streamlining and standardizing processes. Dr. Tibbles has also focused much of her career on risk management strategies and has led two multi-center projects designed to improve communication among providers in the emergency department. She currently works as a risk management consultant for CRICO/ Harvard Risk Management implementing education programs and risk mitigation strategies to address current trends in malpractice data. Dr. Tibbles has served as the associate residency director of the Harvard Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency for 10 years and, after completing a fellowship in medical education, became the director for Graduate Medical Education at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- Region Sjaelland Emergency Medicine Initiative, Denmark
- Region Skane Emergency Medicine Initiative, Sweden
- MACEP strategic planning 2012
- Dr. Tibbles is an Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
- Dr. Tibbles has authored numerous educational publications and is a cover editor for the book Avoiding Common Errors in Emergency Medicine.
- Felton, D., et al., A nineteen-year-old girl with palpitations. J Emerg Med. 38(1): p. 51-4.
- Jesus, J.E., et al., Necrotizing Fasciitis in the Setting of Marine Injury. J Emerg Med.
- M.D., Boston University School of Medicine