Instructor of Emergency Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Dr. Babineau is an attending physician in emergency medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC). He completed his medical degree at Brown University and his emergency medicine specialty training with the BIDMC Harvard Affiliated Residency Program. His current research includes risk stratification and management of acute pancreatitis in the emergency department, as well as other topics involving emergency department operations. Dr. Babineau is on faculty at Harvard Medical School and, in 2013, received an award for the best attending supervisor/instructor for his emergency medicine residency training skills. Dr. Babineau has taught emergency medicine best practices both domestically and internationally and has been actively involved in the development of emergency medicine internationally since 2008.
- Denmark Emergency Medicine Initiative, 2013-2014
- Dr. Babineau is a Clinical Instructor of Emergency Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
- Babineau MR, Sanchez LD. Ophthalmologic Procedures in the Emergency Department. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 26(1). Februrary 2008.
- Sanchez LD, Di Martino P, Babineau M, Lanigra M, Ban KM. Intubation practices in Tuscan Emergency Departments. Int J Emerg Med. 2008 Jun;1(2):127-9.
- McGillicuddy DC, Babineau MR, Fisher J, Ban K, Sanchez LD. Is a postintubation chest radiograph necessary in the emergency department? Int J Emerg med. 2009 Nov 19; 2(4):247- 9.
- Grossman SA, Babineau M, Burke L, Kancharia A, Mottley L, Nencioni A, Shapiro NI. Do outcomes of near syncope parallel syncope? Am J Emerg Med. 2012 Jan;30(1):203-6.
- Grossman SA, Babineau M, Burke L, Kancharia A, Mottley L, Nencioni A, Shapiro NI. Applying the Boston syncope criteria to near syncope. J Emerg Med. 2012 Dec;43(6):958-63.
- Weiner R, Babineau MR. Ankle Block. Lippincott’s Procedures in Emergency Medicine. 2007.
- Emergency Medicine Residency, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 2008
- MD, Brown University Program in Medicine, 2005